Water Damage in Pleasant Grove – Not to Be Taken Lightly
Whether it be a flood brought on by an overflowing lake due to heavy rains that residents of Utah are already familiar with, an unforeseen accident such as a pipe bursting, or water left behind from a fire being extinguished, it is highly likely that you will one day be faced with an emergency in your home or office that is water related. One of the worst things that you as a home or business owner can do when faced with a water related issue is to take it lightly. This will likely cause a delay in your response time, which in turn will cause a much bigger problem that will still be waiting to be dealt with.
The effects that water damage can have on your home or office can be devastating, to say the very least. This is why you must react immediately when the presence of water is located and eliminate any further threat from the source of the intrusion.
Even when preventative maintenance has been performed correctly and materials have been selected during the build to better your chances of not being effected by water, your property could still suffer extensive damage if water is able to penetrate the barriers that you have in place.
The actions that you take following the discovery of water, even within the first few hours, can greatly contribute to the extent of the damages that you will suffer and may also determine whether some items or materials inside your home get to the point that they are no longer salvageable.
Water Damage: Know Your Enemy
When water intrudes, it can begin doing severe damage right away. It is highly important that you are proactive in addressing the situation as quickly as possible. Every minute that goes by that you are not taking action can lead to further damage and can easily become far more extensive, which in turn will lead to larger repair costs.
Addressing the problem right away and eliminating the flow of water at the source are definitely the first steps to take, but they are not enough. There are several steps to take throughout the recovery and restoration process and it is imperative that these steps are taken in the proper order. Also, each step may be unique, depending on what type of materials the damaged or effected items are made of.
Another thing to take consideration of is the fact that when water first comes in contact with items inside your home, the damage does not stop there. If the items and building materials are not dried and cleaned quickly, water and dampness will set in and lead to issues that may be even for damaging and costly to treat such as the development of mildew and mold.
Water Extraction Process is A Science
Various amounts of water damage will take place depending on the amount of water that has invaded your home or business, and the type of materials that have been effected. Naturally, you are going to have a much harder time getting water out of carpet than you would removing it from a tile floor.
The extraction of water from a building requires a particular process that has been planned and practiced several times. Removing water from an area and reducing the chances of effected items and materials suffering further water damage can prove to be a bit of a science, especially when you take into account that the correct methods that will be the most effective must be implemented a particular way and at a particular time.
A Few of the Many Water Damage Removal Tools that May Be Needed:
- High volume pumps. These types of special pumps are designed so that they can operate under water if needed. These pumps are sometimes necessary to remove water from areas that have experienced flooding. They can prove to be one of the most useful tools in preventing water from spreading throughout the rest of the home or office when flooding has taken place.
- High volume water extraction units. Typically truck mounted due to their size, these units perform as a vacuum system on steroids to prevent any water from dodging the removal process.
- Commercial fans. Excessive moisture in the air of the effected areas in your home or office can contribute to even further damage if not removed as soon as possible. In order to do this, the job will usually require heavy duty fans that are of commercial grade quality and power to move the air quickly and well.
- Heavy-duty dehumidifiers. High levels of humidity are hard to be reduced, especially when traces of water are still present. Commercial grade dehumidifiers are usually the answer to properly regulating the air in areas that have been effected by water.
- Vacuum floor pads. This fairly new procedure is getting popular very quickly. It has proven to be one of the most effective ways to remove water that has lodged underneath or between the cracks of hardwood or comparable floor materials. Thee pads are secured to the floors and then utilize a series of vacuum tubes that extract the water from hidden places in your floor and route the unwanted water outside to a holding unit. This equipment is extensive to set up, but the results are well worth the tedious process.
- Cleaning and Antibacterial chemicals. Many of the products in this category that we use are not available to the average consumer. They are of commercial grade and while extremely effective, they must be handled by professionals that are familiar with the safest way to handle them.
Remove the Threat Today!
The one thing that you need most when making a decision on how to handle this type of issue is time, and that is the one thing that you do not have to spare when faced with the effects that water damage can have on your home and your belongings.
Regardless of what county or city that you are located in, we encourage you to make a quick call to our office and let us take a look at your home or office in person so that we can give you an accurate assessment of the damage that has taken place based on what we view.
We can provide you with restoration services for just about anything you have in your residential or commercial property that has been exposed to water, from carpet to entire walls and ceilings.
Contact us now and let us help you by getting the cleanup and restoration process started immediately!